Psst...the secret out! A good brownie requires good quality cocoa powder. But the real trick, is a gooey center. With the recipe below, you'll sure be able to pull this one off on any occassion.
Might I suggest you go do this pronto?
250g Melted Butter/ 2 cups Caster Sugar/ 90g Good Quality Cocoa Powder/ 5 Eggs/ 1 cup Plain Flour (+ 1 tsp Baking Powder) (Sifted) / I cup 70% Dark Chocolate (Chopped)
- Preheat oven to 165 C and line one brownie tray with baking paper
- In a mixing bowl, pour in the melted butter and sugar. Use an electric mixer, give the mixture a mix before adding in the cocoa powder.
- One by one, add in each egg making sure that each is well incorporated before adding the next.
- Once done, add in the flour with the baking powder. Turn off the electric mixer.
- Using a spatula, fold in the chopped chocolate
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a crusty edge is formed and the center is still soft.
- Let the brownie rest until cool before slicing. The center should be gooey.
- Optional- The brownie may be refrigerated before serving.