Pages

Like it? Then share it!

Sunday, September 14, 2014

It's been to long. How I have missed you.

Let the photos do the talking.

Those who read my blog posts would know that I have not been able to bake in the house. The oven had died and remains dead. However we had this event over the weekend and it could not proceed less some home baked cupcakes. Hence my partner's family were kind enough to let me bake in thier kitchen. I was like 'WOOOOHOOOOOO'. 

Yes they are chocolate cupcakes; the recipe you can find in my 'recipe' list. For garnishing, I used my chocolate buttercream recipe (this recipe will be shared at a later date) along with some fresh strawberries from my local supermarket. To make things a little fancier, I dipped some of the white strawberries in white chocolate. The brand used was Wilton Chocolate Melts (in the white colour). 

Thoughts on the product (Wilton Chocolate Melts (in the white colour)):-
Pros: 
  • Melted easily in the microwave, sets quickly and has a glossy look after it sets. Hence no tempering required (not that I have ever tried tempering chocolate)
Cons: 
  • The weather was a little cold, then I found that I had to reheat/remelt the chocolate after a couple of uses. This was a bummer as I was in a rush and needed something that could just retain its state. However, I may try keeping it in a hot water bath next time I use it to see whether helps. Also, I find the consistency a little too thick.
When will I be able to bake again? 

Keep watching this blog and ye shall know. 

Happy Baking!

Mama Bea

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    We would like to share your blog's recipes on myTaste Australia (www.everyrecipe.com.au).

    Adding your blog will make your content available to our users and send you additional traffic. To have a better visibility and compare the number of visits of your blog with other popular Australian sites, install the myTaste widget.

    You can add your blog from the main page in the Top Blogs section (Food blogger? Join!).

    Hope to see you soon on myTaste,
    myTaste Australia

    ReplyDelete