Pages

Like it? Then share it!

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Blueberry Muffins

This was done a while back but what's a post without the recipe. To start things off, my oven is still dead. It's not turning on and hence there has been absolutely no baking happening in this household. I've been cooking more over the stove and have recently tried making carbonara for the first time.Was a hit, but not a good as hit than my 'Breakfast for Dinner'. Well, at least that's what my partner tells me.



I've probably raved about this before, but I'm gonna have to do it here again. Sour cream does the trick for muffin recipes. It retains moisture very well and gives the top a good crunch. I credit the fat content. And when baking, never go shy on full fat. These keep at least four days in a air tight container. Freezers well too, but who want to do that. I mean I had two when they came straight out of the oven.

This is a solid recipe. Feel free to add any fresh fruits to jazz it up. What I did, was add frozen blueberries. I could have gone the extra mile by cooking the fruit into a compote, which will then add extra flavour. This recipe can make 24 small muffins, or 12 overfilled muffins. Yes, I opted for 12 hence had them spilling out of the cases forming a gorgeous muffin top.

Muffin Recipe
1 cup Vegetable Oil (or a non scented oil)
1 cup Full-fat sour cream
2 Eggs (800g eggs used here)
1 tbsp vanillia extract
1 1/2 cup caster sugar
1/2 tsp salt

3 cups self raising flour

1 cup frozen blueberries

Method
1. Preheat over to 180 degrees, and line either 12 or 24 cupcake trays with cupcake liners.
2. Obtain the oil, sour cream, eggs, vanilla, caster sugar and salt in a mixing bowl and mix well.
3. Fold in the self rising flour and the blueberries. Remember not to over-mix or it will activate the gluten in the flour.
5. Fill the cupcake liners and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown on top/ cooked in the center.
6. Serve warm or once cooled store in an airtight container.

Comment below and let me know how you feel about this recipe.

Happy Baking!


No comments:

Post a Comment