|I like to fill the batter about half way up, just to avoid it from overflowing when it bakes.|
You wouldn't want to miss out. Mama Bea has used this recipe and has never turned back.
Basic Muffin Recipe
1 cup Vegetable Oil
1 cup Sour Cream (Full Fat)
1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
1 1/2 cups Caster Sugar (Granulated Sugar)
1/2 tsp Salt
3 cups Self Rising Flour
1. Preheat oven to 180 degree and line your muffins trays.
2. Combine the wet ingredients together in a separate bowl (oil, sour cream, eggs and vanilla) and set aside.
3. In another bowl bring together the dry ingrediants (flour, sugar and salt), then mix in the wet ingredients.
4. Don't over mix the batter. Mix until you see no more white flour.
5. Scoop out the batter into the liners and bake for 20-25 minutes or until they are cook and golden brown on the top.
6. To keep them fresh, store the muffins in a container. These will keep 3-4 days.
If you're using MAMA BEA CUPCAKE CUPS, these will make a least 20 muffins, if not more. These are great for afternoon tea, or even breakfast.
And yes, you can half the recipe.
To jazz it up, you can add chocolate chips (which is what I did), dried fruit, or even fruit compote (which is a fresh fruit cooked down into a syrup). Be creative!