- 250g Butter (salted, at room temperature)/ 1 cup Caster Sugar/ 1 Egg/ Dash of Vanilla Extract/ 2 cups Plain Flour (or All purpose)/ Strawberry jam, substantial amount
- Preheat oven to 180 C, line two baking trays with baking paper
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Then add the vanilla and egg, and beat until well incorporated.
- Sift in the flour and mix until combined.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of the dough onto the baking tray and continue to do so until no dough remains. (Makes about 20)
- Make an indent in the top of each dough, then fill it up with 1/2 tsp jam.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes
- Leave to cool on the tray before removing. Keep stored in an air tight container