Recipe for Chocolate Buttercream
- 250g Butter (Unsalted, at room temperature)/Dash of Vanilla Extract/ 1 cup Icing Sugar/ 1 cup Cocoa/ Pouring or thickened Cream (Substantial amount)
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and vanilla until light and fluffy
- Sift in the icing sugar and cocoa- then beat until a paste is formed (Start it on a slow speed to prevent the whole kitchen being covered in cocoa powder)
- Gradually beat in some cream until a spreadable consistency is achieved.
- Keep refrigerated until use. Before use, let it sit a room temperature until mixture is of a spreadable consistency.
Note: This can be used to frost chocolate cake or cupcakes.