- 515 g Plain Flour/ 2 Tbsp Dried Yeast/ 65g Caster Sugar/ 1 tsp Salt/ 273g Full Cream Milk/ 1 Egg/ 50g Butter (Room Temperature)
- Place all dry ingredients into a mixing bowl. Heat the milk in a pot until blood temperature (hot enough not to burn your finger when tested)
- Combine the milk with the dry ingredients, then add the egg.
- Using an electric mixer (i.e. KitchenAid) work the dough until the gluten starts to form. Then add in the butter.
- The dough will be sticky. Restrain from adding in anymore flour. Allow the electric mixer to continue to work the dough until a smooth and glossy dough is achieved.
- Allow the dough to prove until double in size.
- Preheat the oven at 180 C
- Portion the dough into 60g portions. Shape the dough into the shape desired.
- Allow the dough to prove again for 15 minutes or until double its size.
- Bake for 15- 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Keeps for 3-4 days in an air tight container