Our lemon tree has blossomed abundantly, leaving me with plentiful lemons to cook with. The other day I had tried out a Lemon muffins recipe which turned out to be a great success. My dearest had a little party and requested to take them too. The recipe did not call for creaming the butter with sugar, a process which I'm always reluctant to do. It was a simple put together, mix and fold. Within minutes the kitchen was filled with a zingy and zesty aroma.
Dry Ingredients: 1 3/4 cups Self Rising Flour- 1 tsp baking powder- 1/3 cup caster sugar- Zest of 2 lemons
Wet Ingredients: 1/4 cup lemon juice- 1 cup low fat milk- 60g butter (melted)- 1 egg (lightly beatened)- 1 tsp vanilla imitation
1. Preheat oven to 200 C. Prepare a 12 case muffin tin and line with muffin cases.
2. Sift all the dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Make a well in the center.
3. Combine the wet ingredient together in a seperate bowl until there is a smooth consistency. Incoporate into the dry ingredients and fold until a smooth batter forms.
4. Spoon two tablespoons of batter into each muffins case. Give the tin a gentle toss so that the batter is even.
5. Bake for 15 minutes or until the skewer comes out clean