Pages

Like it? Then share it!

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Tis' the season to be jolly!

It's the season of giving and I've been doing a lot of thinking lately. Since I'm a jobless, poor student, what I can give to people that would bring a them little joy. 

The obvious answer: Baked goods

I didn't want to bake the traditional gingerbread, or those fruit cakes you get out there (only cause I've never tried to before, and there isn't a lot of time left for me to try new things). 

I've been getting back to baking cupcakes. Just the basic flavours though; chocolate and vanilla, and if you go to my recipe tab, I'm sure I did post a recipe for both of them a while back (if not, then I'll do that in my next post). Recently I've been using recipes from a lovely book that was gifted last year, and it has been absolutely wonderful. The recipes are fool proof. I've since added my own touch to it, making tweaks here and there, and they've still turned out perfect. 

On the other hand, I don't know how I should decorate them. Should it just be plain buttercream or is it about time I got into the whole gum paste and sugar decoration things? Oh the dilemma. 

Okay, so with the cupcakes, I'm thinking I can't just gift them in something that would need to be returned to me. That would be silly, so ebay came in handy. There is a seller who sells cupcakes boxes, all kinds of other things as well. But wait, the catch is, is that you can pick it up locally. Of course, you'd have to be living in the area for that to be good news, and for me it was, and hence thought sharing is caring. I'll be picking up the boxes, hopefully, tomorrow, and if all goes well, I will tag it here so you guys can check it out yourselves.  Bear in mind, it is Melbourne, Australia here, so for those who are located any where else, the buyer does post too. 

Photos will be up soon! Yay! So stay tuned!

Mama Bea

No comments:

Post a Comment