Pages

Like it? Then share it!

Thursday, June 21, 2012

The Mama Bea Swirl

Despite a late morning start, I managed to pull something beautiful (my personal opinion of course) together in the kitchen. As promised I have come up with the signature that best represents Mama Bea's. It's simple, yet sophisticated.

I've gone with a swirl with a star tip, which looks very good on top of a cupcake. This is only the basic design as I hoping to add some extra decorations (i.e. shaved chocolate, cocoa powder... I don't know, but it'll be something that looks nice) when I get this cupcake business up and running. 'Less is more' is what I keep reminding myself, and it's best for me to live by it. Things can get a bit out of control when I'm working with buttercream and pretty sugar decorations (seriously, it really can.)

Okay, enough talk.  Here are some photos of what I've achieved today (I feel like a school girl all over again, handing in my homework and hoping to get an A plus from the teacher; weird analogy, but that's how I feel at the moment; as giddy as a child).

 I'm a bit of a chocoholic; it tends to be the flavour I go for whenever. 

 There so mesmerising to look at; Sigh.... two days in the kitchen and I've managed to pull this together (*frolicking around the kitchen with glee)

This is the swirl from top view. 

Things don't stop here. I'll be testing out my vanilla recipes and buttercream recipes in the next few days. Probably not tomorrow as these need to be devoured first, plus the ones I made the other day which didn't turn out as good (hence there was no pictures posted of them). But be excited. The best is yet to come! (Yikes!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment