- 4 cups Plain Flour/ 1/3 cup Self Rising Flour/ 1/4 cup Caster Sugar/ 2 Tsp Salt/ 2 tbsp Dried Yeast/ 1 1/2 cup Warm Water (plus extra)
- Mix all dry ingredients together, then add in the water. Knead.
- If required add in more water, but 1/2 cups at a time. Once dough comes together knead until a smooth and glossy dough is achieved (the gluten should be formed by this stage)
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap/ glad wrap and allow to prove in warm area until double its size.
- Prepare a steamer, oil the base of each steamer pan
- Portion the dough, then roll into round buns. Allow to prove for final time until double its size.
- Steam on high heat for 13-14 minutes. When done, release the heat by lifting one side of the steamer lid carefully, enough to allow the heat to escape. (This allow the buns to adjust to the room temperature, and will prevent the buns from shrinking)
- Leftover should be refrigerated. When want to consume, re-steam for 10 minutes on high heat.