Pastry Dough: 2 ½ cup Flour/ ¼ cup Caster sugar/ Pinch of salt / 100g Butter/2 Eggs
1. Process all dry ingredients with butter until resembles breadcrumbs. Add eggs, combine till dough forms.
2. Dust working surface with flour, press dough into a disc. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
3. Roll out the dough, enough to fit prepared greased tart pan. Trim off the excess
4. Prick the base evenly and bake blind in a preheated oven at 180 C, for15-20 minutes.
Custard Filling: ¼ cup Corn flour/ ¾ cup Caster sugar/ 1 ¾ cup Milk/ 4 Egg Yolks/ Pinch of salt/ 1 tsp Vanilla imitation/ 2 tbsp Butter
1. Combine corn flour, sugar and ¾ cup of milk together. Add in yolks and combine. Set aside.
2. Heat 1 cup milk and bring to boil. Whisk the boiled milk into egg mixture, whisk continuously making sure not to cook the eggs.
3. Add vanilla and salt, and then pour mixture back into the pan over low heat. Whisk until a thick mixture forms. Remove from the heat and stir in butter.
1. Spread pastry cream evenly into tart case
2. Arrange sliced strawberries over the top. Strawberries should cover the cream entirely.
3. Use a pastry brush to coat strawberries with jam or glaze
4. Refrigerate until served.
Saturday, April 25, 2009