The first baked goody for the year, Chocolate brownies.
5 Eggs, at room temperature
250- 300g caster sugar (depending on how sweet you'd like the brownies to be)
120g self rising flour
100g good baking cocoa powder
250g unsalted butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 180 C (degrees not Fahrenheit), and line a baking tin (a brownies tin preferably) with baking paper
2. In a electric mixer, combine the eggs and sugar together and beat until light and fluffy. Add in the flour and cocoa powder and beat until all ingredients are well incorporated. Be careful not to over beat the mixture, it's always good to have the mixer on a low speed.
3. Pour in the melted butter and mix through.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared tin, and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the top is firm but the center is still a little soft.
5. Let to cool completely before spreading the icing over the top.
Shortly I will be posting up the buttercream icing I use for both my cupcakes and brownies (whenever there are leftovers). So keep an eye out for it. And please, leave comments below and I will answer them asap. Also, if you'd like to see daily picture posts, follow me on instagram 'mamabeas'.
Till then, enjoy peeps!